Saturday, July 24, 2010

Home Stretch

Well, I guess I kind of failed at posting pictures while we were still in New Orleans, but this will have to do. We're back on campus in Denver now, and we graduate from NCCC on Tuesday. My parents arrived today, and I'm waiting for them to get to campus as I write. It's beyond amazing to me that these 10 months are over already. NOLA was great. There is so much to do there and no sooner had I scratched the surface, we had to leave. It was wonderful to have the bikes down there, and Pat and I rode around the French Quarter quite a bit, as well as the Marigny, which is closer to our neighborhood. We also took a great ride to Audubon Park, in the Garden District. That was particularly cool since the route took us through all the major sections of the city. It never ceased to amaze me how stark the differences are between those sections. We rode through St. Roch (our neighborhood) into the Marigny, then into the Central Business District (Canal St., etc.) then into Uptown and finally into the Garden District, which is spectacularly beautiful and opulent, and not just in comparison to other parts of the city. I'm definitely going back to New Orleans soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment